To fix the error, first you will need to change your default check laser/inkjet printer to a printer that is ONLINE, can print from other applications, and has a printer tray setting.
MultiCHAX will usually display this error message when the printer is offline or unavailable. Also, do not select the MultiCHAX Virtual Printer as the printer.
- Close MultiCHAX (use the task manager) or right click on the MultiCHAX icon on the taskbar to close
- Click on the Start Menu
- Type REGEDIT in the search field and select the regedit.exe application
- Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\MultiChax (for 32-bit machines: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MultiCHAX)
- Right click on the delete the FOLDER keys that start with the word MICR
6. Open the C:\MultiCHX\Temp folder and delete the files that start with AAA
7. Restart MultiCHAX
NOTE: Restarting the MultiCHAX application should select your default printer automatically .